turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

Im feeling the same exact way @Hannahet1986 like different reps tell u different things im over this waiting i hate waiting on something thats mine
zed1011

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

Still nothing, no update. It’s just a waiting game
pmilan07

same here no change
zed1011

They had told me when I had to prove identity that I passed and it would be put back into the processing pile. And it could take up to 9 weeks to receive it. Why the hell would it take that long? Do they think that us poor bastards don’t need that money? Seriously? I wonder how long the processing pile is!?
pmilan07

our processing should just be on a slight HOLD until verification is completed and go right back into processing its not like they are doing this by hand its all on the computer. On top of the fact that it takes less than 21 days to receive your refund when you first do it before all this BS happens. So why would they ever think that 9 weeks is acceptable at all!
zed1011

From the first day I filed i have been waiting 53 days now.! WTF!  It has been 32 days since I called them to verify my identity.

Nothing for me ether I filed the 19th and verified Feb 28th
zed1011

I’m so tired of waiting. Funny, a person can get your identity proven in 5 days with Homeland Security.
pmilan07

Yea that is crazy def pissing me off
zed1011

If WE owed them, they would have it with no wait time! I just don’t get it.!

I was told my wages being looked at thats bs people who work hard for they money goes through the hassle while the scammers get through... Now im waiting my refund is done they holding my earnings (refund) i shouldve bern had a ddd
pmilan07

@shenilastevenske when did they tell you that

zed1011

Why are they holding your refund?

What does your received date means on your transcript?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies