Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Noonster18
Returning Member

IL state refund

I’m filed my state taxes on 04/10 and they were approved 04/11. I just received an email stating they haven’t received my state tax return. What is going on? How do I get this fixed?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

IL state refund

They were not Approved the day after filing.  Rather, they were Accepted (received) for processing.  Approved is a later step.

Are you sure IL is referring to your 2021 return, and not an earlier year?  And that the email is legit?  What does it say here:

Where's My Refund? - Individuals (illinois.gov)

Noonster18
Returning Member

IL state refund

Yes I’m positive it is for this year. I’ve been checking status of my tax return since I filed and it still shows they have received nothing. 

IL state refund

@Noonster18 You have not mentioned what state.   And "accepted" and "approved" are not the same thing.  Approval comes later.   Accepted only means that you had enough data entered for the return to be entered into the system for processing.   Some states take much longer than others.

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Noonster18
Returning Member

IL state refund

If you read the title, I specifically say which state. The refund tracker states they haven’t received it either. I know what precautions to take as I’ve done this many years now. I’m just passing along info I received directly from IL comptroller office that my return is not found. 

Hence, my reason for posting. I’m aware “approved” and “accepted” are two different meanings, but why would it be accepted over a month ago and have no proof of it being on file?

IL state refund

This is exactly my question for the 2022 tax year.  My filing was "accepted" on 2/25/23 but there is no record of the IL IRS getting the info is what the email says from the state comptroller I received today (3/15).  What's up?

Noonster18
Returning Member

IL state refund

Did you call them? Last year they needed me to verify my identity and it took like 3 months to finally receive anything 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

IL state refund

Please reach out to the state of IL tax office here, so they can better check on this. @tkam60 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IL state refund

That limk worked perfectly and I already got an answer from them.  THank you!!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

IL state refund

Glad you were able to get an answer quickly!

@tkam60 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies