turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nike7689

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Hello, I am wanting to go back and see what direct deposit account number I put on file for my tax return to be deposited into. How do I view this information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MichaelMc

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Hello, I am wanting to go back and see what direct deposit account number I put on file for my tax return to be deposited into. How do I view this information?

If you have not already filed your tax return and want to change or edit the banking information that is shown, make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.

You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info." 

This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.

If you have already filed, the IRS offers the following guidance:

• "If the return hasn't already posted to our system, you can ask us to stop the direct deposit. You may call us toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
  • Generally, if the financial institution recovers the funds and returns them to the IRS, the IRS will send a paper refund check to your last known address on file with the IRS."

I want to add direct deposit on my taxes for stimulus check

Direct deposit 

Need to give info on direct deposit 

Dont listen to anything the employees say, they are using generic posts told to by higher ups, they have no clue whats going on, and are going to go under after this year, they will lose all of there customers over this screw up. 

You need to go into your filed taxes and check your line 21 on your 1040 that will tell u the direct deposit info that was used

@Sammyboy1369  wrote:

I want to add direct deposit on my taxes for stimulus check

Go to this IRS website to enter your direct deposit information for the stimulus payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

@Sammyboy1369

Here's how to find your direct deposit information.

1. Open your return if it's not already open. 

2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets. 

3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center. 

4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return. 

5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms. 

6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies