turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I made a mistake and selected self employed tax return and was unable to op out of it. I did not enter any information under self employed.

How can I switch from self employed tax filing?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnR1

I made a mistake and selected self employed tax return and was unable to op out of it. I did not enter any information under self employed.

If you don't need all of the features of TurboTax Self Employed, you can downgrade from TurboTax Self Employed to another version of TurboTax Online, as long as you haven't paid yet (or registered in a free version) - but please bear in mind that you will need to clear any data which you have entered, and start over in the other TurboTax version. This is the only available method to downgrade versions.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ, "Can I switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?":

TurboTax has a useful comparison of the different features, benefits and fee structure associated with each TurboTax Online version, to help you determine which version is appropriate for your tax situation - please see below link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies