turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jonathan38
Returning Member

If TurboTax got their money out of my check how long before I get my check then

I got a direct deposit from my regular return and I got I amended one now TurboTax took their money out of my direct deposit 12 weeks ago so when do I get my money
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

You mean Turbo Tax took the fees out of your bank account?  They do that if the IRS takes too long to send your refund.  Only the IRS can tell you when they will send it.  

Or did you get  the first refund and are waiting for the amended refund?  You should not amend until the first return is fully processed and you got the first refund.  Amended returns are taking 6 months or more to process.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Your situation is not clear. You said:

"I got a direct deposit from my regular return"
and
"so when do I get my money"

If you got a direct deposit in your bank account, then you already got your money. So what money are you asking about?

Why are you asking about a check if you got a direct deposit?

And what does an amended return have to do with it? If you get an additional refund from an amended return, the IRS will send a check in the mail directly to you. A refund from an amended return is never paid by direct deposit, and TurboTax cannot take any fees out of a refund for an amended return.

If your question has not been answered, please provide more detail about what tax returns you have filed, what payments you have received (by check or direct deposit), and what money you are still waiting for. Tell us the date that you filed each tax return and the date that you received each payment.

jonathan38
Returning Member

I get my direct deposit it also but it hasn't deposited yet but two weeks ago TurboTax took the $135 out of my deposit out of my refund Now the RS still says my refund is being processed and my amended one will come in the mail later so how are they getting my money out of my refund and I'm not getting my refund

@jonathan38 - if you go back and read what you signed up for and the emails that came after that, if your refund does not come within 26 days, Turbo Tax has the right to charge you bank account for their fees as they are unable to net the fees from the refund.   

I suspect that is what occured. 

That's what I said in my first post.  Just keep waiting.  The IRS is taking a long time to process returns this year.  Why did you amend?  You should not have amended until the first return is done and you get the first refund.

Because Turbo Tax took the fees out of your bank account doesn't affect when the IRS will send the refund.  Only the IRS can tell you.

Since the IRS is taking too long to send your refund you still had to pay the fees in time.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees.  If you don't pay they will debit your account.  You had to agree to it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies