Solved: If the IRS shows no 2015 return transcript on their website. does that mean that it wasn't filed?

lopez27a

If the IRS shows no 2015 return transcript on their website. does that mean that it wasn't filed?

I went to IRS.gov and tried to get my 2015 return transcript to complete my 2016 taxes and it shows that it was none in file. i used an accountant last year. He's avoiding me and now i want to know if this means if it was ever filed? Please help me!

HelenaC

If the IRS does not have a transcript of your 2015 income tax return, then yes, generally that means you did not file an income tax return.

If your accountant gave you copies, sign and mail the returns to the IRS and state tax agency. It is too late to e-file your 2015 income tax returns.

HelenaC