dmh7853

If the Form 8606T is approved by IRS on 2/15 as stated, will my tax return automatically be filed that day? I

TomK

No.  You will need to log back into your return, review to make sure there are no other problems, and then file it.

lisamarie1215

It's 2/15. I just went in. Still not available. Ugh.
mainatt

Just noticed elsewhere on this site that new date for form is now 2/22.  What is going on??
lisamarie1215

Why aren't we given the option to file and submit the form later? From my understanding, it's just a formality.
dmh7853

Really, now it's 2/22?   Wish someone can light a fire under someone.
martisejones49

I knew this was going to happen. This happened last year but with a different form. It was pushed back 3 times.
lisamarie1215

Mine still shows 2/15. I'm not sure when they're going to push the change out for use. I'll check again this evening and then again tomorrow morning. If it's not there, then I'll try another vendor and try my luck there.
joejmath

Hopefully we can file late today, mine still shows 2/15
lisamarie1215

The Turbo Tax site still has 2/15 as the available date. here's hoping. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...>
This will definitely make me think twice about taking a withdrawal from my Roth IRA ever again. Ha!!
lisamarie1215

I filed tonight - the form was available. But my return amount dropped, substantially, once the form filled in. Not sure if there were some other factors, but I'm just glad it's completed. This has been a bad experience this year. Not all on Turbo Tax. I know there were a lot of delays this year.
Good luck everyone.