ingrama2

If my sole proprietorship made no money and had no expenses, can I just use the free version of TurboTax to file?

Do I need to file taxes for an inactive sole proprietorship?

Vanessa

No, if there is no income and no expenses, there would be nothing to file so you don't need to include it on your return.  If you otherwise qualify for the free version, then yes you can use TurboTax Absolute Zero. 

Vanessa

sticktogolf

There is only 12 dollars income and no expenses. Do I still have to file a schedule C? I have a sole proprietorship. My books are on Amazon. Otherwise, I'm not making or spending money .