Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If my boss didn’t give me a W2- just a paper with all the times she paid me through Direct Deposit, Checks, or Zelle (with and without taxes coming out) what do I do?

Canceled the app yesterday that we used to clock in and out of work that showed our pay etc. I can’t get everything I need to do my taxes
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If my boss didn’t give me a W2- just a paper with all the times she paid me through Direct Deposit, Checks, or Zelle (with and without taxes coming out) what do I do?

We'd love to help you complete your tax return but need more information. Can you please clarify your situation?  We can help you but we need all of the details.

You can add up all of the payments received for services.  That would be your income.  Were you self-employed?  What kind of work did you perform?  Were you an employee or self-employed?  If you are considered an employee, you may need to prepare a Substitute for W-2.  If you are self-employed, you are considered to have your own business and would need to prepare a Schedule C.

You mentioned that some tax was withheld, how much and what type? Federal, State, Medicare, etc.?

If you find you need additional help you can return to this forum or use our Live Support

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies