Once you add your self-employment income and expenses in TurboTax, we'll generate a Schedule C.
Here's how to add your self-employment income:
- Open or continue your return
- Select Search, enter schedule c and select the Jump to schedule c
- Or go to Wages & Income and select Start or Revisit next to Self-employment income and expenses under Self-Employment
- Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
- If you've already entered self-employment work and need to enter more, select Add another line of work
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your Schedule C
Here are the self-employed expenses you can deduct and where to enter them.
If you need Schedule C to report a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC, search for 1099-NEC or 1099-misc, then select the Jump to link. We'll ask questions about your 1099 income and generate Schedule C if your situations calls for it.