turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jcspacek

If Im certain i gave the wrong routing number to receive my refund. But, turbotax says it has already been sent, and i see no errors saying it as invalid. What now?

Wrong routing number, refund is marked as sent, no errors kicking it back, and bank sees nothing pending

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If Im certain i gave the wrong routing number to receive my refund. But, turbotax says it has already been sent, and i see no errors saying it as invalid. What now?

Neither TurboTax nor the IRS checks the validity of the routing number as part of the e-file submission process. When the IRS is ready to pay your refund, if they find that your bank account number or routing number are invalid, they will automatically mail you a check. This usually takes an additional 3 to 4 weeks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Neither TurboTax nor the IRS checks the validity of the routing number as part of the e-file submission process. When the IRS is ready to pay your refund, if they find that your bank account number or routing number are invalid, they will automatically mail you a check. This usually takes an additional 3 to 4 weeks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies