rbnhinojosa

If I make an amendment on my last years taxes, Will the changes show if I request a transcript from the IRS on the same day or is there a waiting time for them to show?

I need to change my filing status from 2015 from "Single": to "Married". How long will it take for the changes to be made so that I can request a transcript that will show filing status as "Married"? I require this for financial aid.

It will take the IRS up to 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

See this IRS website for amended return FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x/amended-return-frequently-asked-q...

Amended returns must be filed by mail.