If I amended my tax return on turbo tax but did not file by mail yet can I take back the change I made

Which tax year? It is too early to amend for 2016.

yes 2016. I filled everything out a few days ago and then I got a 1099r yesterday but it didnt change my refund and I pushed amend. It told me to file by mail. But I don't want to do that.

Yes. Since your amended return was not mailed, the IRS was not notified of any changes to the original return.

However, since you started the amended return in TurboTax please follow the steps here to remove the changes.

Please shred and discard of the documents you printed for the security of your records.