bkgreen2

If I already filed and taxes have been accepted, but I think I filed an easy form can I refile an itemized form?

TomK

You can always amend your return if you believe itemizing will save you more money.  However, it will be best if you first wait to receive your current refund before you amend.  Please note: A Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return can take up to 16 weeks to process once the IRS receives it.

After you have received your refund, please read this TurboTax FAQ about amending your 2018 tax return: How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed.

TomK