turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

I filed on 1/30 and was accepted the same day.  No EITC/ACT filed.  Initially that was told by Turbo Tax that my refund was expected on 2/20 (21 days from being accepted).  It was after the 21st day that the WMR "lost" the bars and gave me the generic message.  I called the IRS and talked to a person.  They said that they didn't have any information about my return, just that it was in the queue to be processed. But they did also check and said there were no notices or letters that went out.  So it was just waiting to be processed.  No red flags.  They also gave me another date of 8 weeks from the time that the return was accepted and to call back then.  So its just a waiting game.  I would suggest, if you haven't already, to call the IRS and see if there is anything they can tell you, and if any notices or letters were sent out. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. 

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language. 

Then Press 1  

Then Press 4 

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent. 

This IRS FAQ page will provide more answers.  

@RolaSakuraba 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did your problem get resolved? Did you get your refund? I'm having the exact same problem!

crysmbean

same thing happened to me?!?!?! and there phone lines are shut down so i cant ask. i filed on april 10th and it was tracking my refund till last night when the website went down for a fwew hours and when it came back up i signed in it said my info was wrong when it wasnt then i typed more correct info and it told me it couldnt give me any info on my refund??? did they lose my refund and my info?!?!??!?!?! wtf?!?!?!?!??!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@crysmbean No, stimulus is taking precedence over all else at this time. So the transcript may not be available for use right now. Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

If your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along. 

If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing,  during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

crysmbean

no they had accepted my return and i was able to track it on WMR for 4 days then the site went down for a few hours and when it came back up i typed my social my filing status and my expected return and it told me that the info didnt match any filed taxes then asked me what day i filed and how i filed i answered those questions and it redirects me to a page that says they cannot give any info on my return??? havent gotten my stimulus either... im a waitress so no job atm 2 kids and broke af??? and my info is disappearing?? and no live person to resolve??? like seriously messed up

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Please try Get My Payment to see if there is any information there. 

Had you paper-filed and mailed in your return or was it e-filed. 

We have heard that the IRS has suspended processing paper returns until further notice. 

IRS Get My Payment

crysmbean

i e-filed through turbo tax. i am even accessing the wmr link through turbos app then i downloaded the irs app and same deal my info not matching???? i know my info is right i know my social like the back of my hand its like my info just vanished in their system it doesnt even say pending anymore and when i log into turbo it says accepted but when i try to track through irs it just doesnt exist?!?!??!?!?!!?

Why have I not gotten my return yet!! Who do I need to contact about this! This is ridiculous I have 4 kids and not currently working due to all this virus stuff going on!!! I need to know something about this situation!!! 

**********************************************************************************************
**NOTE*** Due to the Corona virus the IRS is operating short staffed. All field offices are closed and some processing centers are all but closed. Any tax return that requires hand processing will probably have long delays. Mailed returns are not being processed at all at this time. Most phone service has been curtailed.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue
**********************************************************************************************

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Ok when will early filers that filed in early part of January that went under 60 day review gone received there taxes

Lulam61

Like to know what my status is

I filed Feb 10 and was accepted, it's been on still processing ever since. I called back in March and they said due to my name change it could take up to 16 weeks. 16 weeks is June 1st. It's May 4th and it's still processing. No letter no anything informing me of the delay. Are they really not taking calls anymore? I feel like I'll never get my refund at this point...

meliekotf

Did you get your refund cause mine is doing the same thing

Wow thats crazy and I haven't heard anything about my status either. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies