Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I wasnt aware that i got my third stimulus and didnt claim it on my taxes. now its been over a month and i still havent received my return. how can i get that fixed?

there was a lot going on around the time that i received the third stimulus payment and was unaware until i sent in and looked through my expenses in my account form the last year. it says i received $1,400 in march of 2021. during this time i was doing a lot of moving and wasnt checking my accound as avidly as i had been in the past so this payment flew under the radar, how do i get this fixed? i was told that you werent supposed claim that on the 2021 taxes
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I wasnt aware that i got my third stimulus and didnt claim it on my taxes. now its been over a month and i still havent received my return. how can i get that fixed?

The IRS knows that you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they will adjust your tax return accordingly.  This will delay your federal tax refund by several weeks or longer.

There is no need to amend the 2021 tax return.

Did you have the 1400 show up on  your tax return on line 30?  The IRS will automatically adjust your return and take it off since they already sent it to you.  They will reduce your refund or send you a bill.  You do not need to amend for that.   It will delay your return.  And returns are taking longer again this year.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies