Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vallen31

I was told to refer to topic 152 and provided with this message We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe. Should I worry?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

40 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I was told to refer to topic 152 and provided with this message We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe. Should I worry?

Topic 152 means that your tax returns may require further review and could take longer. Please see Topic 152 for more detailed information.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just checked my status and mine is saying the same thing after midnight. The first message was it was still processing with no bars. Mine was accepted 1/25 with dependents and Schedule C for business.

danieeee

My status says the samething … weird 

Bri828
Returning Member

Isn’t this considered the PATH message. If so they do this every year eap if you have dependents or are getting an EIC.

Mine says this exact thing and i keep getting hung up on my the irs. I filed and was accepted on Jan 26th. My app updated to this message yesterday. First I read that this was an error message. But I'm not sure. I want to know why would it be taking longer to process? Does it mean there is a problem with it? So frustrating. 

I read in another forum this comment:

F926B19F-194F-471C-B388-6C9FB569FC15.jpeg

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax help article for information on why some returns may take longer to process.

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

joui

I got the same message as well. Filed 1/24. Federal and State got accepted 1/24. Estimated federal refund date 2/14 and when checking my status it said to refer to topic 152. I got my state already deposited into my bank account. It was pending in my bank account on 2/3 and deposited on 2/7. Weird that I got my state before my federal. Hopefully everything is ok with my federal.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@joui

You should be able to keep track of your return at our tracking guide here.  

If it has been over 21 days since your return has been Accepted, please see this Help Article which explains why some refunds take longer than others.  

File112

So you saying that they created  that message just to give themselves enough time to get caught up.??🤔

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The PATH Act, and the Tax Topic 152 message has existed since 2015.   It isn't new, but the IRS is behind.   Refunds on returns with EIC have started to be issued.  

The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) prevents the IRS from issuing early refunds on any tax return that claims the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit.

Congress passed the PATH Act because identity thieves frequently claim one or both of these refundable tax credits. The PATH Act gives the IRS extra time to detect fraudulently-filed returns, which helps identity theft victims get their legitimate refunds more quickly.

The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late March.

If your return contains either of these credits, you can track its status at the IRS Where's My Refund?  site.

Maddi1109

The part about issuing refund with EITC in late March your wrong. They have always been deposited mid February up to the first week of March! Your a tax expert and you don’t know this?

I have the same message.  I filed electronically on Jan. 25th. I am single with no EIC or dependents.  I was  originally told I should get mine by 2/15.  I called yesterday and got zero help.  I am very discouraged and hope this will process soon.  

Did you get any help yet? I got no help was supposed to receive 2/15 as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies