turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

damien305

Can I get a refund advance since my tax return has been accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No.

Turbotax is offering cash advances of $250, $500, or $1000, depending on your refund, to customers who qualify.  The program is a test, and is only available in 15 states, only available for limited dates, only available for users of Turbotax Online, and you must meet other requirements.  If you qualify, you will be offered the option at checkout.

If you already transmitted your return, and were not offered the cash advance when you checked out, then you don't qualify for the cash advance program, and there are no other refund loan options through Turbotax.

View solution in original post

47 Replies

it said I was appoved for  the  loan but then I had a mistake on my taxes an had to fix it then it took me back throught the process an then the 2nd time I went through it then it said I wasn't idk am I getting it or not

The loan request is not sent to the lender until after your return is accepted by the IRS.  So in your case, if the return was rejected, and then you were not offered the loan again when you re-submitted the return that was accepted, you won't be getting it.

I want to try and get a loan

No.

Turbotax is offering cash advances of $250, $500, or $1000, depending on your refund, to customers who qualify.  The program is a test, and is only available in 15 states, only available for limited dates, only available for users of Turbotax Online, and you must meet other requirements.  If you qualify, you will be offered the option at checkout.

If you already transmitted your return, and were not offered the cash advance when you checked out, then you don't qualify for the cash advance program, and there are no other refund loan options through Turbotax.
dkamluv

I was offered the cash advance and accepted it but havent got any info from yall

That's my issue too. Three days ago

First, your return must be accepted by the IRS.  If it was rejected or is pending, the advance hasn't been processed yet.

Then, your advance request goes to the underwriting bank, which may accept or decline, you should receive an email either way.

"You will receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. Once your online account is set up, you will receive temporary card information that you can use to spend online. You should receive a physical card in the mail within 5-10 business days after the IRS accepts your return."

Check your emails to make sure your return was accepted and look for an email about the advance. Make sure the emails are not going to a spam filter.

Here is the FAQ for 2018. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4159588-about-the-turbo-prepaid-visa-card-and-refund-advance">http...>

It was rejected 4 times because I had the AIG wrong I fixed it and it was accepted on 1/31 at 7:04 pm. I haven't received an email about the advance but I've already received my temp card and set up my account. I've been told repeatedly if I got the temp card it's on there but it's not. My balance is 0.00. I'm depending on this money to keep my water and electric on. Not because I want to spend money. I couldn't even feed my kids dinner last night because I haven't gotten this money. How would you feel.

Is it possible you requested a debit card but not the refund transfer during the resubmissions?  (Did the refund advance come off by accident?)

At this point it has only been full business day since your return was accepted.  The only thing I can suggest is to call the bank or call turbotax customer support to check on the status.  This forum is not official customer support and we can't see your files.
dkamluv

I got offered the refund advance but i havent received anything from turbo tax! Other ppl got theres within 24 hrs. This is bs. Next yr i want use turbo tax ! They have prigram issues with this!

Me too. Got approved and then nothing for 5 days now. Complete bs if u ask me
sirtonyd

wilsonshannon575,  so you reported the wrong income 4 times and wonder why you are having an issue with getting money ADVANCED to you? You will probably get audited now anyway.  How would I feel? Stupid for banking on the government returning funds they stole from you in the first place.

dkamluv, I highly doubt anyone got anything other than anxious within 24hours of filing.  With only 11 more days of guaranteed government,  Im sure nobody is dragging their feet about filing this year. I hope you use some of that refund money on grammar lessons, maybe some hooked on phonics.  

2 prime examples of how interfering with natural selection has greatly diminished the intelligence of humanity.
maglib
Level 11

TurboTax does not offer nor has ever offered any type of Refund Anticipation Loan.

I am not a TT employee.  They are looking into this possibly for next year.  Was this helpful?

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
Bbaray

I got approved for 500 amount, recieved card. When does the advance come through on the card

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies