Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was just told that my return was randomly selected for review. A week ago i was told over the phone by an irs agent that I'd have my return February 27th. Why?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I was just told that my return was randomly selected for review. A week ago i was told over the phone by an irs agent that I'd have my return February 27th. Why?

IRS does not contact people by phone.  I suspect the caller is trying to get personal information from you as a scam.

I called them both times

I hope you did not give them any personal information.

Well i called the irs on their actual phone and talked to an agent. The fact that i got a 4464 C letter  in the mail sort of proves i was talking tA an agent. Why wouldn't i provide my info when i called on their 1040 number. Y'all are too paranoid.
blk4886

Did u ever receive your return?? They told me mine was selected march 16 and it could take up to 45 days

They're releasing it today sometime. I'd probably already have it but TurboTax has it and now because it has to go through them i may not get it until tomorrow. But at least it's been sent finally

Did it actually take 45 days for them to process it
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies