christopherjphil

I was flagged and audited for my 2019 return. Here it it's almost February 2021 and I'm still being audited. I just filled my 2020 taxes. Will the accept and issue a return for the current year if you

WendyN2

It depends if the IRS has internally resolved the "issue" it originally claimed existed that prompted the audit. Usually, if within 5 years, and you have not been notified by the IRS via US Mail that the issue has been resolved, then it will not affect the current year refund or amount due. However, I have seen instances in that this has happened. It usually depends, too, on the reason as to why the return was flagged for audit. 

u208

Jesus I'm sorry and yes me to i have been audited these past 2 years, i sent in so much info so that i could prove my kids were mine waited until dam near august and i am hoping i don't get audited this year, when did you file?