Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was charged $36.99 for a service I couldn't use, to file my state. Can't file state if you've already sent in your federal for the state. I want my money back.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

I was charged $36.99 for a service I couldn't use, to file my state. Can't file state if you've already sent in your federal for the state. I want my money back.

If you didn't end up filing your state return, you can contact customer service to discuss a possible refund. See the following.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EdwardLO

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "already sent in your federal for the state". Can you clarify please?

I sent in my GA Federal return but I was prompted by payment screen of $36.99 to file my state alongside the federal. I didn't have the money at the time and had to wait I didn't know that I couldn't refile the state alone later because I had already sent in the federal without state. I tried to file and was charged the $36.98 but was not allowed to file my GA State tax.

I also didn't want an extra $40 taken out of my return just to pay by tax return.
EdwardLO

If you didn't end up filing your state return, you can contact customer service to discuss a possible refund. See the following.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I did the request call option and I still have yet to receive a call. I did this the other day too when I received this answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies