turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rockdad

We filed our 2017 taxes late last year so we didn't have an AGI number. When we filed today the federal didn't go through because we didn't e-file last year what do I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

We filed our 2017 taxes late last year so we didn't have an AGI number. When we filed today the federal didn't go through because we didn't e-file last year what do I do

Try entering a 0 (zero) for the 2017 AGI when e-filing the tax return.
rockdad

I tried that and it was still rejected.what now
rockdad

What do I do if I've already paid to have federal and state e-filed by TurboTax?

@rockdad If you are using the TurboTax online editions there are no e-file charges, federal or state.  The TurboTax account fees are for the use of the software to assist in completing the tax returns.  The fees are the same whether a tax return is e-filed or printed for mailing.
rockdad

I was charged 20 some odd dollars to file by e-mail besides the cost of the software
rockdad

If we paid our federal taxes through an account application on your site and now we have to mail in our return is there a way to still use that payment procedure

What method did select and use to pay the federal taxes owed?  
Direct debit from your bank account?  Credit Card payment?  Pay by check with a voucher?  Pay directly on the IRS payment website?
rockdad

on the 2017 we paid by check

You can pay by check for the 2018 federal taxes owed with the payment voucher, Form 1040-V.  Just select that form of payment in Step 2 of the File section.

Since the e-filed return continues to be rejected by the IRS for the 2017 AGI, then you have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies