turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sjvlcd

I want to know why the IRS did not receive my return when the efile status on turbo tax states accepted on march 27, 2015 04:56 A.M. PDT? I want someone to contact me.

The IRS did not get my return.  My "Current Efile Status" states "Accepted!" and states it was "Accepted on: March 27, 2015 04:56 AM PDT.".  I also have my copy of Electronic Postmark - Certification of Electronic Filing stating that the Federal Return Acceptance date of 3/27/2015.  I am very upset that the IRS did not get my return.  IRS has also informed me that a falsified return was submitted on 03/30/2015.  This is a separate issue.  What I want to know is why my return was not received by the IRS in the first place?  I want someone from customer service to investigate this and contact me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

I want to know why the IRS did not receive my return when the efile status on turbo tax states accepted on march 27, 2015 04:56 A.M. PDT? I want someone to contact me.

This is a user social media board.  Turbotax Support is closed on weekends.  Suggest you visit a local IRS office with a printed copy of the Acceptance message, or mail it to them with a letter.

If you can wait  until Monday, Contact Customer Service
8am - 5pm Pacific Time (11am - 8pm Eastern) Monday - Friday
<a href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp</a>

Did you have a tax refund from the 2014 federal tax return?  What does the IRS federal tax refund website indicate for your refund? - <a href="http://www.irs.gov/Refunds" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.irs.gov/Refunds</a>
sjvlcd

Yes I was suppose receive one. I completed form 14039 and sent a paper copy of my taxes this past Saturday as instructed by the IRS.
sjvlcd

Is there a 800# that I can call instead of going through the website? TurboTax makes it hard to contact them.

Yes you get a phone number during office hours by going to the contact page.
sjvlcd

Thanks. I'll try in the morning.

Form 14039 is an Identity Theft Affidavit.  Was your identity stolen?
sjvlcd

Yes it was. Figured it out after getting my transcripts from the IRS.  Credit has not been damaged and is being monitored. I have completed the 14039 for me and my spouse. Contacted the credit agencies, filed a police report and in process with the FTC.  What really bothers me is the fraudulent return was filed through TurboTax according to their fraud desk.

Are you saying that the return with the postmark of 3/27 was the false one?  Or are you still having an issue with the return from 3/27 (yours) not being processed and a fraudulent return (3/30) being processed instead?

If your actual return was submitted on 3/27, marked as successful, and then lost, that's still worth investigating.  If the 3/27 and 3/30 dates relate to the same false return, that makes more sense, although it's certainly a concern for other reasons.

Unfortunately, there is very little way that any tax software company can stop someone from signing up for an account using a stolen SSN.  Turbotax is the biggest company, that's all.  (This is a different problem from account hijacking, there is a lot Turbotax could do to stop that).  Anything you can think of to increase security is going to make it harder for legit taxpayers to file, and may hurt more people in the long run than it helps.  The burden really needs to be as much or more on the IRS and the states.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies