turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2gs1steph

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

Afternoon Guys,
I have an update today on my transcripts. I verified my ID on 3/9 and I have a 846 code this morning for 3/21. I hope this helps somebody!

Silly question but where do you go to see your transcripts

tuks1234

Does any one have a TA have they contacted u with a ddd yet????
tuks1234

UPDATE... Checked wmr an i have a ddd od 3/21

Any news for whoever verified  on Feb 27?

I verified on 2/20 and it’s still processing!!

tamib

I filed January 31. verified March 5. Still waiting on my return smh

Ddd

Has anybody tried calling in a second time if they said you weren't verified?  The woman I got on the phone was the biggest BOOB I have ever talked to!  She acted like she didn't even understand the questions herself!  She stumbled and bumbled, and I'm positive she didn't even input the information I gave her correctly.  I'm not even sure she was asking for the information from the correct YEAR of return!!!  In California, it is an over two-month wait to get into an IRS office, so there's another two months of no refund.  Has anyone tried calling back and trying the phone verification again if the person you talked to was a bumbling IDIOT!???  Maybe asking a supervisor??
tamib

They made a mistake on my verification and I didn't find out until the 20 days later. Only after I demanded that they give me a status update on my refund. I had to call back to verification because the previous agent made a mistake. I ended up getting a advocate and still have yet to receive a refund. I filed Jan 29. Verified March 5. Called back because of mistake March 25. Called advocate March 29. This has been a Long drawn out process.
tnaulta44

I verified on April 16, status changed from " your return is still being processed" to  “we have received your tax return and it is being processed."  I am not sure what the difference is but I was glad to see any update.  Anyone know anyone who go their refund quickly after that ? I filed back in February and have had to send in another form, etc, then the verification. I know it takes time but I am really tire of waiting.

I verified on March 5th. I patiently waited about 6 weeks until I called back to check in and see if everything was ok. I was told I needed to keep waiting - the person on the phone was extremely rude btw. I then call back 2 weeks later (which was this past Friday, 4/27). I am now told that the first person I spoke never processed my verification!!! Thankfully, the person on Friday released it and I am expecting my refund between May 2nd - May 7th. I would definitely them back and make sure they check that everything was processed correctly. Good luck!
tamib

They are beyond rude at the Irs. I was treated poorly by them. Good thing is the tax advocate I got was able to make progress. Refund was approved and is on its way this week. Unfortunately it is a waiting game. They need people at the Irs who know how to do there job and who is able to show a little empathy.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies