turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

I got mine with in a few days of calling @2gs1steph
jndr1996

I got mine on Feb 20th, and verified the same day. My irs website says still processing and my transcripts are still blank as well
2gs1steph

I'll give them until the end of this week then it's only been 4 business days so maybe it's still on it's way

If you have any student loans & get a tax topic of 203 forget getting a refund they take the entire thing. Took mine. And the college I went to has been shut down since 2015, and I was told those loans you don’t repay when you can’t use your diploma / degree anywhere. Idk good luck to all of you. I’ll update on 3/7 if my return actually hits my account

I VERIFIED THIS MORNING, AND I WAS TOLD 9 WEEKS, HOPING FOR SOME TYPE OF UPDATE ON WEDNESDAY OR SATURDAY

I filed 1/22 accepted same day, received 4883c letter 2/28 verified over the phone on 3/1 IRS site and app says "still being processed" can't get transcripts online and I haven't received the ones I requested , can someone please tell me what to expect no eitc or anything
fryztoy29

I filed 1/19 got accepted 1/29. Received state refund 2/8. Got 4883c letter in mail 2/23, I verified my identity 2/23. Was told 9 weeks from that Friday. 2 days ago (Saturday) my refund was approved and my bars came back. I claimed EIC and child tax credit. My refund date is 3/9 this Friday. So it took a week after a verified not 9 weeks. Hope this helps

@dwayne3218 I verified on 3/5 so hoping to hear back this upcoming Saturday.  Since you verified on 3/1, you may have missed the 3/3 update.  Keep me posted.

@marquez.rene77 that is what I am hoping too as well since I verified on 3/5

@linealynn30 how did you make out?

I verified 2/23 and im still waiting no updates today :(

@linealynn30 aww sorry to hear that.  I guess it's hit or miss?  Most people here seem to get within 7-10 days of verifying.  Did you reach out to them again to make sure that you are fully verified?

@topshotfabs yes I have called several times so I called Friday they said just continue to wait the 9 weeks then I called Monday a lady told me I was now in a 45 day review starting March 19 so I called again yesterday a lady looked thoroughly through my file said no I was just needing to wait the 9 weeks I still felt unsure with all the different answers so I called again yesterday and another girl looked again thoroughly and said when I first filed I was selected for a 45 day review and then I got selected random for the ID verification so that took it out of the 45 day review and put into another category and so now I need to just wait for the 9 weeks that's it so apparently the girl who told me 45 day review on Monday didn't clearly read all my notes so really at this point who knows but I feel pretty sure that getting the 9 weeks answer by 3 people is better then the one who said 45 day review at least I hope so
2gs1steph

Hey guys I've been told the 4883c has been sent to me twice now and I have yet to receive it. Last time it was supposedly sent was 2/27. I haven't gotten anything yet. I confirmed with them the address was correct and everything. Do you guys have any helpful tips?

@2gs1steph really there is not much you can do if you don't have the letter you need the control number to verify so I really don't think there is much else other then waiting for the letter im sorry you have not received it yet
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies