turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Intuit deleted my question - How To Recover...?

Last year (on 09/15/2017), I posted a question & follow-up discussion here on  the AnswerXchange, about the differences between the De Minimis Safe Harbor Election & Section 179. I saved a link to the discussion to refer to in future years, as it was very informative & addressed all my questions about deciding how to "expense" an item, ramifications of going one way or the other, etc.  Today, when visiting that link, it says "Sorry, we couldn't find that question. It may have been archived or deleted."

I did not delete this question. Why did Intuit delete it (without any notification to me), and how can I recover the information it contained?

The link was: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4123757-differences-between-de-minimis-safe-harbor-election-and-se...

Edit: I'm certain the link is correct, as I can also visit it from the AnswerExchange response notification e-mails that were sent last year (those links are invalid now, too).  The question is not listed here under my profile.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have had the question unarchived for you.  It should show as an active link now.  Questions and answers aren't stored indefinitely though as they receive hundreds of thousands of questions every year so they have to archive some for server space reasons.  You should print out or save the details of the page for future reference. 

...Did you also delete my comment on this answer? I responded to your answer, but it has now disappeared.

No, I did not (nor can I).  I did read your comments and I was thinking them over and tried to find out a little more information.  When I came back and refreshed the page, the comment was gone.  I had assumed that you had removed it yourself because it was only about 30 mins after posting, but I guess not.  That is odd, I was wondering if maybe you are using an exotic web browser or OS, but it seems your last comment has stayed.  And, there was nothing in your comment that would have warranted removal.  

I don't have any real concrete insight I can offer into the programming and their procedures as we aren't privy to that, but the more I think about it the question probably just got caught up by accident in the updating/archiving they are doing across the board because of tax reform as a lot of the old FAQs and questions just aren't going to be useful anymore.

In general, I don't think the reason they archive older content is a storage cost issue - its more keeping the overall content new, accurate, and making sure the search algorithms bring back the most relevant results by having the freshest content.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the follow-up 🙂

(And yup, I definitely didn't delete - I was surprised when it was gone too! Using Chrome on Win10, pretty mainstream.)

Cheers~

Another of my questions from last year has disappeared, which I am now trying to refer back to.  Please restore: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124097">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124097</a>.

Now that I know this site is not reliable, I'll be sure to save offline copies of all my questions in the future.

I've had the same situation.  Lot's of very valuable information lost because of archiving.  Why can't the archive be searched?  Seems like TT could give new content priority while still allowing a search of old content.  I've had questions from one and two years ago deleted that still contained good info for anyone searching the same question.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies