Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
ejs55

I’ve already received my refunds and realized my middle initial is incorrect, what should I do?

DaraLO

Amending a tax return means filing a new form, 1040x, to make changes to a return.  You can amend an e-filed return that has already been accepted by the IRS or a paper return that has already been mailed.

Amending is only required in certain situations.  In the case of an incorrect middle initial, you should not have to amend your return unless you have been contacted directly by the IRS to do so.  

To see a list of reasons to amend, read the TurboTax FAQ, Do I Need to Amend?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3318732

DaraLO