Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used TurboTax to upload my 1099R from JPMorganChase in 2019 and the information uploaded was wrong

I used TurboTax to upload my 1099R from JPMorganChase in 2019 and the information uploaded was wrong. The IRS just sent me a notice that the information was not correct and I owe tax, penalty and interest. How do I report this to Turbo Tax and JPMorganChase?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I used TurboTax to upload my 1099R from JPMorganChase in 2019 and the information uploaded was wrong

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE IRS/STATE

TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.

(what the letters from the IRS mean)

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE IRS   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3605673-i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

AUDIT SUPPORT

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Nothing needs to be reported to either companies.   When you upload any information it is your responsibility to verify that the information imported correctly  and if not to make the needed corrections before you file.  Imported information is not covered under the accuracy guarantee.  

Imports often have errors - did you check the imported information against the paper 1099-R you received to be sure it was correct?  Even though imported, you must still answer the associated follow-up questions to determine the taxable amount.

Exactly what did the letter say was wrong?     What did they change?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The withdrawal amounts were incorrect and one was missing. I realize that it's my own fault for not checking. I will not be using that feature -EVER again. After using the Turbo Tax products for a very long time, I trusted all avenues recommended by them. I never dreamed that there would be an error between a trusted bank and a trusted software program. My mistake was not double checking the download. 

It makes me wonder how many others have done the same. I've learned my lesson.

One problem that can happen to imports is the financial institution must convert the 1099-R to TXF (data transfer) format and place it on a separate server for imports.    Sometimes they make changes to the 1099-R or enter 1099-R information late and it never makes it to the import server.     Some financial institution are good at keeping the import server in sync with the 1099-R server and others are not.

Always check and double check any imported information for accuracy.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies