Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I used last years w2 info by mistanke

1 Reply
New Member

I used last years w2 info by mistanke

By last year I assume that you used your W-2's from 2015 instead of 2016. If you have not yet filed your tax return you can make the correction by following the steps below:

Sign into your TurboTax Online account

Go to Federal Taxes then Wages and Income

Then click Edit/Add next to W-2

Under "Here's your W-2 info" click the trash can icon next to the W-2 and delete it.

You can then enter the correct one.

If you have already filed your tax return you will first need to wait and see if your return is accepted  or rejected. If rejected you can go back and make the correction. If it is accepted you will need to wait until you have received your refund. The you can go back and Amend your tax return using form 1040X. Here is more on Amending:

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies