kkamminga13

I uploaded my amended 2018 tax return, but my original 2018 return is still there. Should I delete it because it should be replaced by the amended one?

Ok ... if you are using the 2019 ONLINE program and you used the 2018 DOWNLOADED version to amend the 2018 return then YES, clear the account and start over ... but this time pay attention to which file you transfer ... you need the one from your computer. 

Here's how to transfer:

You have to use TurboTax Online on your computer to do this transfer (it won’t work from a mobile device/mobile web, or in the mobile app).

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online and start a new return, or continue a return you already started by selecting the Take me to my return 
  2. After the screen has loaded, select the TaxTools drop-down menu in the left-hand column, and then select Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window, select the Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer  (If you don’t see this option, you may need to Clear & Start Over.)

Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file.

Please explain more. Your original 2018 return is STILL WHERE?  You do want to transfer the amended return into 2019.  So where are you seeing the original return?  In your computer documents?  

If you did the original return in the online version but amended it on your computer you can not now save the amended return to your online account.  You can only transfer it into 2019.