I think i might have mistakenly put no when I was asked if my kids' college sent them the 1098T for 2018 when it was supposed to be yes. do I need to amend?

smg1962turbo

When filing the tuition credit I think there was 1 question asking if my child's college sent them a 1098T.I'm not sure how it was worded exactly but I answered no.  It's a straight forward question so maybe there was something I'm forgetting.  I should have answered yes. I filed. Do  I need to amend?

dweelea

Look at your return and verify that the American Opportunity Credit is correctly calculated and present on your return.  If the credit is correct, you don't need to amend.  If the credit is incorrect, or missing - you would need to amend to correct that.