turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maxexe30

Why am I lacking deposit?

I received one of my state tax refund yesterday in the correct amount that was stated when I filed my tax.

And so today, I also just received a few minutes or probably just an hour ago my federal tax refund, but the amount that was deposited to my account was different with what was stated when I filed my taxes, it was short of $154.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I think I can explain that.   Did you use online Deluxe and prepared 1 Federal return and 2 state returns?  And then did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund (which has a service fee)?  If so, then this likely explains your $154 difference:

Deluxe Federal return  39.99.
State return at 36.99.
Second state return at 36.99.
Option to pay the fees out of the Federal refund: 39.99 service fee (or 44.99 for California filers.)

So if that's what you used, then the total would be 39.99 + 36.99 + 36.99 + 39.99 = 153.96  (158.96 for California filers)

Does that sound right?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I think I can explain that.   Did you use online Deluxe and prepared 1 Federal return and 2 state returns?  And then did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund (which has a service fee)?  If so, then this likely explains your $154 difference:

Deluxe Federal return  39.99.
State return at 36.99.
Second state return at 36.99.
Option to pay the fees out of the Federal refund: 39.99 service fee (or 44.99 for California filers.)

So if that's what you used, then the total would be 39.99 + 36.99 + 36.99 + 39.99 = 153.96  (158.96 for California filers)

Does that sound right?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies