turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I specifically requested my refund to be sent in Netspend card but when checking status thru IRS website, shows it got direct deposited. Which account was it deposited?

When filing with Turbotax, I specifically requested a Netspend card with the refund in it. When I checked through the IRS website for refund status, it indicated my refund was direct deposited. I did not request direct deposit. Which account was my refund direct deposited into? How can this be fixed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I specifically requested my refund to be sent in Netspend card but when checking status thru IRS website, shows it got direct deposited. Which account was it deposited?

Any transfer of the refund into an account is considered direct deposit. Otherwise, it would be mailed.  You can verify the account you selected for your return to be deposited in to by looking at your paper or electronically stored return. If you look at your return, the cover pages by TurboTax will have the information listed under the balance due/refund section. You will also see the information on your 1040 by looking at the refund section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Any transfer of the refund into an account is considered direct deposit. Otherwise, it would be mailed.  You can verify the account you selected for your return to be deposited in to by looking at your paper or electronically stored return. If you look at your return, the cover pages by TurboTax will have the information listed under the balance due/refund section. You will also see the information on your 1040 by looking at the refund section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies