Happyliz316

I requested for direct deposit but didnt receive any refunds. Checked my status and it shows the refund will be mailed...? It has been 2 months since I filed my tax...

I requested for direct deposit but didnt receive any refund. Checked my tax refund status today and it shows the refund will be mailed...? What does it mean? It has been 2 months since I filed my tax...

According to the IRS' website there are 3 reasons why you may be getting a mailed check instead of direct deposit as you requested. They are as follows:

• We can only deposit refunds electronically into accounts in your own name, your spouse's name or in a joint account.
  • A financial institution may reject a direct deposit.
  • We can’t deposit more than three electronic refunds into a single financial account.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Happyliz316

The Account is under my name and I am single.