Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recieved a letter stating me social security number is wrong but on all other forms i see it is correct

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I recieved a letter stating me social security number is wrong but on all other forms i see it is correct

Look at your federal tax return, Form 1040, on the first page is your name and Social Security number.  Is the the name and SS number the same as on your current Social Security card.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If this is correct then follow the instructions on the notice you received from the IRS.

Who sent you this letter ?    Who says it is wrong?   

The IRS looks at the first four letters of your last name, your year of birth and the SS# ... could you have something else incorrect ?  

Did you check with SSA?  Do they have it wrong and gave bad info the the IRS? 

it says it is from the bankcorp bank. i looked on all the forms i have on turbotax and on my w-2 and everything is entered correctly. in the letter it states that only one number for my Social security is wrong but i am not sure if its fraud or not

Do you have an account with the sender of the notice?  If not, then it is a scam and you should not respond and trash the notice.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies