Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I received another w2 after filing

I received another W2 after I E filled. The amount I received from that job was under 1000. Do I need to submit an amended tax return?

3 Replies
New Member

I received another w2 after filing

While we are unable to stop a return that has already been filed, you will have options to make changes.  These options will depend on the status of your filed return (Pending, Rejected, or Accepted):

  • Pending - Please wait for the IRS to accept or reject your return.
  • Rejected - If the IRS rejects your return, you will be able to make changes to the return and then refile.

  • Accepted - If the IRS accepts your return, you will need to make changes by amending your return.

New Member

I received another w2 after filing

So how do you amend the return?

Intuit Alumni

I received another w2 after filing

If you need to amend your tax return for tax year 2020 or earlier, please see How to amend (change or correct) a return you've already filed for information and instructions. 

The option to amend a 2021 tax return will not be available until later in the tax season. You can check the status of Form 1040X's availability here


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings