derivav

I received a verification letter from the irs and my refund was issued will i still receive payment by direct deposit?

i received a verification letter from my state taxes will they still send my payment direct deposit or paper check?

karencamp821

As long as the banking information is correct on your e-file, yes. If it's wrong they mail the check to the address on the  return. However if you mail it in and that information was not correct, you cannot use white out to or over write the numbers to correct it. If you do they will mail the check for security reasons. Not sure on the state return, but my Federal return had that issue previously.

karencamp821

faundyb

I am tired of getting refund verification letters! This was for the state. No one else I know gets these. My identity has not been stolen and don't tell me its random. Maybe if I lived in the hood or public housing they wouldn't hold up my processing. No offense to anyone in that situation but I swear when I lived in the hood I never had issues!
LeeMills123

its happening to me right now smh. And im still in the hood, how long your refund take after the letter? They telling me 9 weeks.

JakailaLO

Once the IRS verifies your identity and confirms you submitted the tax return,  they will continue processing your return. It will take approximately nine weeks to process:https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-4883c-letter