Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

derivav

I received a verification letter from the irs and my refund was issued will i still receive payment by direct deposit?

i received a verification letter from my state taxes will they still send my payment direct deposit or paper check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I received a verification letter from the irs and my refund was issued will i still receive payment by direct deposit?

As long as the banking information is correct on your e-file, yes. If it's wrong they mail the check to the address on the  return. However if you mail it in and that information was not correct, you cannot use white out to or over write the numbers to correct it. If you do they will mail the check for security reasons. Not sure on the state return, but my Federal return had that issue previously.
faundyb

I am tired of getting refund verification letters! This was for the state. No one else I know gets these. My identity has not been stolen and don't tell me its random. Maybe if I lived in the hood or public housing they wouldn't hold up my processing. No offense to anyone in that situation but I swear when I lived in the hood I never had issues!

its happening to me right now smh. And im still in the hood, how long your refund take after the letter? They telling me 9 weeks.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS verifies your identity and confirms you submitted the tax return,  they will continue processing your return. It will take approximately nine weeks to process:https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-4883c-letter

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies