turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dudaluda

I received a message on where's my refund with 1242 as the code what is that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

1242 – Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; –E Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received.  Should receive a letter from the IRS within 30 days requesting what additional info they need. 

Example: AB got code 1242. This means FREEZE received return more than 3 weeks ago and now need additional info which is proof of dependent EIC credit. AB has claimed his 2 children for the last 3 years since birth and they have his last name. Always files Head of household. Never had a problem before. Should receive a letter from the IRS within 30 days requesting what additional info they need. More than likely proof that he can claim the children.

Be prepared with birth certificates, social security cards, and proof that the address of the child/children is the same as yours (medical records, child care records, neighbor affidavits, domestic relations or public assistance records, etc).

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

1242 – Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; –E Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received.  Should receive a letter from the IRS within 30 days requesting what additional info they need. 

Example: AB got code 1242. This means FREEZE received return more than 3 weeks ago and now need additional info which is proof of dependent EIC credit. AB has claimed his 2 children for the last 3 years since birth and they have his last name. Always files Head of household. Never had a problem before. Should receive a letter from the IRS within 30 days requesting what additional info they need. More than likely proof that he can claim the children.

Be prepared with birth certificates, social security cards, and proof that the address of the child/children is the same as yours (medical records, child care records, neighbor affidavits, domestic relations or public assistance records, etc).

a1thakidd

How long does it take after they receive the proof of of dependents??
DianeW
Expert Alumni

@dudaluda It can take a few weeks for them to review and release, a specific time frame is not determinable.
a1thakidd

I’m still waiting 5 months
bubby2294

Omg 5 months and you're still waiting??? Have you heard anything back from them?
a1thakidd

Still Waitin 13 months last thing I heard was give them until jan 29 and that came and went

Still nothing

We filed our taxes feb 16. I received the same code. I however am a business owner but my husband had insurance on my son and I. He quit his job in October which, we lost insurance. We did have to send in information showing that he provided that insurance for that amount of time. 30 days later (give or take), we received half of our taxes. May 30th is when we got that. I did call and they stated that they are reviewing my other half checking for errors and if they don’t see anything they’ll send the money or a letter for audit. This is my first time filing taxes as a business owner. I guess we can count our lucky stars we got something.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies