Yes, you should only send the documents. The IRS request that an amendment not be completed, so you do not have to do one. If you now have the forms, follow the directions in the letter to mail them to the IRS. If not, please follow the directions below to create those forms.
Follow these steps to input your Form 1095-A and Turbo Tax will fill out Form 8962. Then you can download/print it to mail to the IRS with any other documentation they request.
You can get back in to the program by doing the following:
- Sign in to TurboTax Online
- Click My TurboTax
- Click My Tax Timeline
- Scroll down to "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO"
- Click Add a state under your 2017 tax return
- Then, once inside your return, click My Account in the top right corner
- Next, click Tools
- Then, Topic Search
- Type 1095-A in the search bar
- When 1095-A is highlighted in the list, click Go
- Follow the entry screens and double check your entries of 1095-A or enter it now