Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fractalss
Returning Member

I received a K-1 form from USO after I filed my tax in Turbo Tax

Hi,

I have already filed my Tax for year 2021 via Turbo Tax.

I purchased USO stock in April 2020 via Robinhood .  I received a Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) which shows in Box L the capital contribution, current year net income, and ending capital account. I did not sell any USO units and still holding the same number of units.

I used Robinhood Tax documents to report capital gain, loss and dividends received. Robinhood documents do not include the income as reported in the L-section of K-1 form from USO. 

Please advice me on this.

Best

Saurav

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It depends. If you have no income or other items on lines 1-21, Form 1065-K1 then there is nothing to report.  If you do have any income items shown, then you must amend your tax return to include that income.

If you do have income you can try entering that income to see if your tax return end results (refund or balance due) change.  If there is no change then an amendment would not be required.

Should you find you need to amend, then the return must be exactly as it was when it was filed. Read all the instructions before you begin so that TurboTax knows the original figures and the changes for your amendment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It depends. If you have no income or other items on lines 1-21, Form 1065-K1 then there is nothing to report.  If you do have any income items shown, then you must amend your tax return to include that income.

If you do have income you can try entering that income to see if your tax return end results (refund or balance due) change.  If there is no change then an amendment would not be required.

Should you find you need to amend, then the return must be exactly as it was when it was filed. Read all the instructions before you begin so that TurboTax knows the original figures and the changes for your amendment.

fractalss
Returning Member

Thanks a lot. I have nothing to report from lines 1-21.

I knew I was safe 🙂 Needed a validation.

Best

ArtemS

And I have a question about the same K-1 (tax form1065) I purchased USO stock on a Robinhood in March 25 2022 and sold all of it in March 29 2022 without any profit . And I have already filed Robinhood taxes for 2022 . Do I have to file that tax form 1065 separate  , or it was included already in my tax report from Robinhood ? 
Thanks 

best Artem 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

That, you would have to ask Robinhood.  We have no way of knowing what they included in your 1099.  It is very possible, they did include it, but you will need to confirm that with Robinhood. 

If they did include it, you do not need to amend your return (if you already filed) nor add it if you did not already submit your return. 

Also, if you have $0 profit or loss reported on the K-1 you do not need to include it on your return as you cannot enter a $0 form on your return.  If you do show a profit or loss on the K-1 and it is not included in your 1099, you will need to Amend your return to add it. 

sgupta23

I have received the same form too. I have no income but I have some loss. Should I go for amendments or not? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies