maggietoh

I received a direct deposit from ACH. How do I know if this was my stimulus check or my tax refund?

KrisD15

Check the amount (with your bank) and match it to your tax return. 

Also, the IRS is launching "Get My Payment" where you can check on the status of your stimulus payment. 

IRS Get My Payment link

maggietoh

The amount is 3,663 less than the expected amount for my tax return and 279 dollars less than my expected stimulus deposit. It was received on the 8th. The expected date for my tax return was estimated to be the 21st. Is this more likely to be my stimulus deposit, or my tax refund?

Thanks!

KarenM90

As KrisD15 suggested, please check with your bank and check your tax return.  If neither one of those give you a clue, which the IRS site, for your refund.  If there were deductions from your refund, for an outstanding debt, child support, etc, it will generally show up on this site and you should receive a letter from IRS explaining the difference.  https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

If it was the Stimulus payment that was deposited, you should be able to calculate the amount; Under the economic relief package, individuals are due up to $1,200 and couples will receive up to $2,400 -- plus $500 per child. But payments start phasing out for individuals with adjusted gross incomes of more than $75,000. The amount will then be reduced by $5 for every additional $100 of adjusted gross income, and those making more than $99,000 will not receive anything. The income thresholds would be doubled for couples.