Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a direct deposit from ACH. How do I know if this was my stimulus check or my tax refund?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

I received a direct deposit from ACH. How do I know if this was my stimulus check or my tax refund?

Check the amount (with your bank) and match it to your tax return. 

Also, the IRS is launching "Get My Payment" where you can check on the status of your stimulus payment. 

IRS Get My Payment link

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The amount is 3,663 less than the expected amount for my tax return and 279 dollars less than my expected stimulus deposit. It was received on the 8th. The expected date for my tax return was estimated to be the 21st. Is this more likely to be my stimulus deposit, or my tax refund?

Thanks!

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

As KrisD15 suggested, please check with your bank and check your tax return.  If neither one of those give you a clue, which the IRS site, for your refund.  If there were deductions from your refund, for an outstanding debt, child support, etc, it will generally show up on this site and you should receive a letter from IRS explaining the difference.  https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

If it was the Stimulus payment that was deposited, you should be able to calculate the amount; Under the economic relief package, individuals are due up to $1,200 and couples will receive up to $2,400 -- plus $500 per child. But payments start phasing out for individuals with adjusted gross incomes of more than $75,000. The amount will then be reduced by $5 for every additional $100 of adjusted gross income, and those making more than $99,000 will not receive anything. The income thresholds would be doubled for couples.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies