kmm592

I received a 1099-INT after filing with interest income of $18.54. Is it necessary that I amend?

macuser_22

Perhaps, if it changes your tax.

Personally I would not go to the trouble.  I would just let the IRS figure it out in a year or so and send me a bill plus interest and just pay that.   The tax can't be more than a few dollars and the interest only a few cents on that.  You can mail the payment in for the price of a stamp, but the postage to mail the entire amended return would probably cost more than the tax and interest (if you mail certified which you should for an amended return.).

macuser_22

Perhaps, if it changes your tax.