Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received 1099-NEC (as other income) after e-filing the fed/state tax returns. Can I just update and resubmit in TT?

1. I received 1099-NEC (as other income) after e-filing the fed/state tax returns a few days ago (and currently in the "Accepted" status). Can I just add this info and resubmit in TT?  Or do I need to wait until the returns are completed and submit it as an amendment?

2. Will there be another $20 charges for the state e-filing?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I received 1099-NEC (as other income) after e-filing the fed/state tax returns. Can I just update and resubmit in TT?

There is no way to just add information after your e-file  was accepted except by amending the return AFTER it has been fully processed.  Do not mess with the return now.    WAIT until the return has been processed and then use Form 1040X to amend.   You might not even be able to e-file an amended state return---depending on your state the amended state return may have to be mailed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies