Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I.r.s. sent me confirmation that tax money had been seed at midnight the night before.. says It was direct deposit and there is nothing not even pending

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I.r.s. sent me confirmation that tax money had been seed at midnight the night before.. says It was direct deposit and there is nothing not even pending

The IRS doesn't send anything except letters in the mail. It might be a scram.  Did you get an email or text?  Exactly who is it from?  Maybe Turbo Tax or sbtpg the bank that takes the fees out?

The IRS site will let you know when the deposit is supposed to happen and it also says it could take 5 business days for your bank to accept the deposit and post it.   If for any reason the bank rejects the deposit then the IRS will convert it to a paper check mailed to the address on the return.

So is your name on the bank account and did you use the correct routing/account number ?  Please review your return for that information on the form 1040 and/or the filing instruction page. 

Yes my info was all correct 

If the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool
https://www.irs.gov/refunds
confirms that the refund has been sent, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) using SBTPG's refund lookup tool.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies