Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

berudia

I printed my return so it says it is filed. I need to make edits to the printed version. How do I reopen the return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I printed my return so it says it is filed. I need to make edits to the printed version. How do I reopen the return?

ADD A STATE 2019.png

Bees
Level 7

I am confused by your question. Did you file your tax return electronically? Was it accepted with a confirming email?  Did you print and MAIL your tax return?  If you print it and tell turbotax you are mailing it then you actually have to get the post office involved. You have to take that last step.

If you did mail it in or filed electronical copy then if you want to change the information already sent to the IRS then you have to AMEND a return https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/amend-return/how-to-correct-federal-tax-returns/L67t0F7il  not just open it up again.

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies