Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I prepared an amended return for tax year 2018 through my turbo tax account. I submitted to the IRS and they received and processed. I now cant locate it in my account?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I prepared an amended return for tax year 2018 through my turbo tax account. I submitted to the IRS and they received and processed. I now cant locate it in my account?

How did you prepare your amended tax return?

An amend tax return (Form 1040 X) cannot be prepared on line.  It MUST be printed and mailed to the IRS.  It must be prepared using software you can download from TTax and install on your own computer.  If you simply went into your on line account and made changes you overwrote your original tax return and destroyed it.  There is no way to recover it unless you already had a .pdf or a paper copy, and can manually re-enter all of your original information.

You can prepare a current year 2018 Amended return online.

That's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

Try printing from the Print Center
Log back in your TurboTax account and "add a state" to open the return back up (you are not really adding a state, just to open it back up), then
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. 
Then click on Print Center. 
Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

How to save the PDF
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf/00/26...

@ccampbell033    Did you find it yet?  (If you did indeed prepare and mail in a 1040X )

Last year a lot of the Online software people who prepared an Amended tax return, and came back later to print another copy...many had to get back into their tax file and use the Print Center to print. (As noted by @VolvoGirl in the second part of her post above)...since the easy-to-get copy was still the original.....I have no idea if that is happening again this year or not, but I'm always suspicious that it is happening again this year.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies