charli4toyota

I paid my 2020 taxes using my Visa Bank Card. Does IRS have my direct deposit info and if not how do I get that info to them?

This is for stimulus check from Covid19.
SusanY1

No, since you had a balance due and made a payment to the IRS with a bank card (and not ACH with a routing and account number), the IRS does not have your direct deposit information.  The Treasury Department is expected to create a portal to collect this information from taxpayers for whom the information is not on file, but this portal is not yet operational.  

Please watch this site for updates on the portal that is being created for the direct deposit information here:

IRS Information on the economic impact payment

Please safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

[Edited April 7, 2020 10:40 AM PDT]

charli4toyota

When I enter my tax and bank info on the Stimulus Portal, directly from my turbo tax return for 2018, I get an error message "information doesn't match what is on file."  What did Turbo Tax send them that is incorrect? All they had was my address and my bank card info that I paid them with. I owed money to IRS which I paid via Turbo Tax. So I tried sending info through H & R Block. Says it sent info, but still can't track through Portal. Feel sorry for folks that are out of money and waiting for this mess to be straightened out.