arianacperez

I never recieved my 2015 Tax return. I followed the steps on the IRS page but reached a dead end. is there any alternate way to check my status?

You will need to contact the IRS and speak with an IRS agent to find out if your 2015 tax return was received/accepted and if it was received what is the status of the 2015 tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

arianacperez

Thank you! I will give this a shot