Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I needed to access my 2015 return but I no longer have the computer I prepared it on. Can I still get a copy?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I needed to access my 2015 return but I no longer have the computer I prepared it on. Can I still get a copy?

How did you prepare it?   Did you use Online Turbotax (website version) or the desktop software (CD/download)?

Desktop CD/DL

When you use desktop software, all the data files and any PDFs you saved are stored locally on your computer and/or on any backup media.   They are not sync'd and stored in an online account.

If you didn't save the data file or any PDFs, there's not a way to retrieve them.

You can download a free 2015 tax return transcript at the IRS website below.  If you don't qualify for the immediate download, you can order one to come by postal mail in 5-10 days.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

A full copy of the actual return from the IRS costs $50 and takes several weeks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies